Support for whānau affected by floods

Here is a list of support available if you need money or other support:

Money for individuals and families from government:

CIVIL DEFENCE PAYMENT: Income support for anyone who has had income loss or has immediate needs as a result of the floods and needs funds immediately. Basically visit a WINZ office and see someone there.

GDC MAYORAL RELIEF FUND: Priority for support will be given to: Provision of essentials for daily life, transport needs and household contents; rebuild/recovery costs of building damaged by water or storm damage; essential items not covered by insurance or other funds. Fill in the application online or download the form.

Food and other essentials: Contact your local Civil Defence team – contact Gisborne District Council if you’re not sure where to find your CD team.

Volunteers & Assistance

Gisborne Volunteer Centre is helping to coordinate volunteer efforts in reponse to the cyclone.

Do you want to provide help?

If you would like volunteer your time and skills to Cyclone Gabrielle relief please complete the form via the link below:

If you have tools or heavy equipment that could be used in the Cyclone Gabrielle clean up, register your equipment below.

Do you need help?

The Gisborne Volunteer Centre are taking residental and private requests for support. If your property requires volunteer help e.g. removing silt, cleaning homes etc. please complete the form through the link below.

If you are in need of any specific supplies please complete the form via the link below.

Rural, personal and other support:

Emotional, relationships and other support:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s